About Home Care
CHI Health at Home provides a unique blend of excellent patient care and support along with the highest level of customer service and superior outcomes.
Home Care provides individualized skilled care for patients with a medical condition or who are recovering from surgery in their own homes. Home Care is for patients of all ages from birth to older adult. CHI Health at Home services generally are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whether a patient is transitioning home from a hospital or nursing facility stay or is managing a chronic condition, our team ensures patients are safe and they retain their independence in a familiar environment.
Our highly trained skilled home care staff is committed to providing exceptional care in your home. We work directly with physicians to plan, coordinate, and provide care tailored to every person we serve. Our care team consists of:
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Respiratory Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Home Health Aides
CHI Health at Home in Omaha and Lincoln was named a Top Agency for 2017.
CHI Health at Home offers many Chronic Care Management programs, each designed by our expert physicians, nurses and therapists. The goal of each program is to prevent future exacerbations, reduce emergent care and re-hospitalization, and improve the quality of life for our patients.
- Balance CareLink is a comprehensive chronic care management program to provide a consistent, therapeutic plan offering evidenced-based best practice interventions for fall prevention and injury reduction.
- Cardio CareLink empowers and assists patients who have been diagnosed with heart failure and their caregivers in the management of their disease process in their home setting, while improving their overall quality of life.
- Diabetes CareLink is a comprehensive chronic care management program to provide a consistent therapeutic intervention plan for the treatment of Diabetes, Type I and Type II.
- Ortho CareLink is a comprehensive chronic care management program to provide a consistent therapeutic intervention plan for recovery and rehabilitation following a total joint replacement or other orthopedic procedures.
- Pulmonary CareLink is an innovative chronic care management program designed to provide comprehensive interventions for patients suffering from chronic obstructive lung disease (COPD) and pneumonia.
Do I need a referral to receive home care services?
Referrals or requests for information may be made by physicians, patients, family members, friends, clergy and other members of the community. A physician order is required for CHI Health at Home to provide home care services.
Who pays for skilled home care services?
Home care services are provided to the insured and uninsured alike. As an approved provider for most insurance companies in Nebraska and Iowa, we work with patients and their families to explain benefits and verify coverage before service begins – billing your insurance company directly to simplify the process and reduce your paperwork.