The new Dr. Kenton L. Shaffer Emergency Care Center at CHI Health Good Samaritan is equipped to treat critical illnesses and serious injuries. Conveniently located in Kearney, our Emergency Care Center is staffed by physicians who specialize in emergency medicine and nurses who are specially trained to treat emergency cases.
- The 20,000 square foot renovation more than doubled the size of the old Emergency room
- Advanced Level Trauma Center, handles everything from minor injuries to complex traumas for adults and children of all ages
- Convenient, new Emergency entrance on the north side of the hospital
- 14 private patient rooms, including a two-patient state-of-the-art suite for trauma
- Private check-in and consult rooms
- Four isolation treatment rooms with negative pressure capabilities
- Specialty treatment rooms for OB/GYN, ENT and behavioral health
- Designation as a Primary Stroke Center, making a difference when seconds count
- AirCare, air ambulance service, transporting critical patients when it matters most
- Coming Soon: fully-enclosed ambulance bay, protection from the elements and added patient privacy
CHI Health Good Samaritan has provided paramedic-level emergency ambulance service to the City of Kearney and Buffalo County Fire District #1 since 1988. Our paramedics also provide mutual aid response to area ambulance and rescue squads in order to bring the emergency department closer to the patient.
Locations and Directions
CHI Health Good Samaritan Emergency Care Center is conveniently located within our full-service hospital.
Level II Trauma Center
Good Samaritan's Level II Trauma Center provides the highest level of trauma, surgical and critical care. Our team of nationally and internationally respected experts stands ready to take care of patients with traumatic injuries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. CHI Health Good Samaritan is verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) as a Level II Trauma Center. Verification by the ACS demonstrates that Good Samaritan has met stringent criteria reflecting commitment, excellence and assurance of high quality care for all trauma patients.
CHI Health Good Samaritan AirCare is the longest operating original air ambulance service in Nebraska. AirCare’s equipment and staff are prepared to transport two patients without notice. This is especially helpful for an accident involving multiple patients.