Why You Should Use Your Employee Assistance Program
Reasons To Use Your Employee Assistance Program
1. Your employer provides this benefit as part of your overall employee
benefits package to assist you and your eligible dependents. There is
no cost to you for our services.
2. Our EAP counselors are Masters level, licensed counselors with years
of professional experience and training to assist you in finding answers
to your problems.
3. Unless mandated by law, all contact between you and EAP is confidential. No information
will be shared about you or your involvement with EAP without your written consent.
4. All EAP information is kept separate from any medical electronic or personnel files. It can
be accessed only by EAP staff members on a need to know basis.
5. By the end of your first visit with your EAP counselor, suggestions and / or further
recommendations will be made. Depending on your own unique situation, this may include
referrals to community resources, mental health services, or a plan to continue seeing the
EAP counselor for short-term counseling. (Please check with your HR representative or EAP
if you have questions regarding the number of sessions your employer allows.)
6. EAP can assist you with a variety of concerns including:
- Emotional distress
- Marital conflicts
- Loss and grief
- Work-related issues
- Life changes
- Abuse of alcohol, drugs or other substances / behaviors
- Someone close to you is abusing alcohol, drugs or other substances
- Caregiving for an elderly parent or loved one
- Legal / financial challenges
- Any other issue you feel it would be helpful to talk with a counselor about
7. This could be the first step in creating a more balanced, peaceful and rewarding life.
If you would like more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact CHI Health
Employee Assistance at (402) 398-5566 or (888) 847-4975.