Why do I need health insurance?
At CHI Health, we believe having health insurance is one step toward a healthier, happier life.
That’s why it’s important to enroll in health insurance. The Affordable Care Act was created to ensure everyone can get the healthcare they need regardless of their budget, even if they are sick or have a prior health issue. If you do not enroll in health insurance, you will be required to pay a fee.
If you’re one of the remaining uninsured, start shopping for an insurance plan that fits your needs and budget – you may qualify for low-cost or free insurance.
How do I enroll?
The many ways to enroll, including the following:
- Online at healthcare.gov
- Over the phone at 1-800-318-2596
- In person at a local organization; you can find a local organization at localhelp.healthcare.gov
- By a paper application found online at marketplace.cms.gov
Spanish speakers can find assistance at cuidadodesalud.gov.
Which plan should I choose?
On healthcare.gov, you will be able to compare between different levels of healthcare plans from a variety of insurance providers. Each will have different amounts of coverage and different monthly premiums. Only one simple application is required.
How do I ensure my doctor and hospital are in-network?
Which plans have CHI Health hospital and doctors in-network? On healthcare.gov web site, you can compare between different healthcare plans from a variety of approved insurance providers. You can also check to see if your preferred healthcare provider is in-network. CHI Health hospitals and doctors are in network for the following plans:
- Coventry Health Care
- If you reside in Lincoln, CHI Health is in-network in all Coventry Health Care plans
- If you reside in Omaha, CHI Health is in-network with only CHI Health Omaha, HSA Eligible plans
- BlueCross BlueShield of Nebraska
- If you reside in Lincoln, CHI Health in-network with only BlueEssentials plans
- If you reside in Omaha, CHI Health is in-network with all BlueCross BlueShield of Nebraska plans
How much will health insurance actually cost?
The cost of health insurance depends on your age, gender, income and tobacco use as well as the plan you choose. Visit getcoveredamerica.org/calculator/ to estimate the cost of your health insurance as well as the potential benefits.
What will my health insurance plan include?
All marketplace plans must cover the following list of preventive services without charging you additional fees (copayment or coinsurance), even if you haven't paid your yearly deductible.
However, you must receive these services from a healthcare provider in your network. Screenings are also available based on certain criteria and conditions.
Preventative Screenings For All Adults
Preventative Screening For Women
Preventative Screenings For Children