What to Bring to the Hospital
The big day is finally here – you are about to meet your new baby. Knowing what to bring to the hospital when you deliver can alleviate any last-minute confusion. Think about putting together an overnight bag with things that make you feel like you’re at home.
The hospital will provide a gown before and during delivery. You are welcome to stay in that or change into your own pajamas after your baby has arrived.
Here are some other things to put in your bag:
- Socks and slippers (feet get cold)
- nursing bra, pads, and tops
- an outfit to wear home for you remember you’ve just delivered – so comfortable loose-fitting clothes are best
- an outfit for your baby to wear home –
- a diaper bag
- receiving blankets
- cosmetics and toiletries
- snacks for you, family and friends
- and, of course, a car seat securely-fastened in your car to bring baby home.
This is an exciting time for you and your growing family. Bringing a few things from home can help make your stay comfortable and memorable.