What is Virtual Health Care?
Technological innnovation is transforming health care delivery in multiple areas including: electronic medical records, provider collaboration, medical office visits, and patient monitoring within the hospital and at home.
Virtual Health Care, also known as telehealth or telemedicine, is the remote delivery of health care services or information using various technologies.
The Virtual Services team is comprised of professionals across multiple disciplines tasked with improving and supporting access to clinical, educational and administrative services through the use of virtual technologies throughout CHI Health.
What does Virtual Health Care mean for you, as a patient?It’s all about access. Here are just a few examples:
- Seeing a specialist without leaving your regular clinic
- Monitoring chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure or diabetes, without leaving home
- Having a critical care professional monitoring your condition when you are in the ICU
- Enabling provider to provider collaboration, when needed
- Having a secure, electronic medical record which can be accessed by your primary care provider and other specialists
Benefits of Virtual Health Care
- Having prompt access to care regardless of distance, more coordinated care and fewer duplicate tests
- Allows you to receive care closer to home
- Saves patients' and staff time
- Reduces travel costs for both patients and health care providers
- Many insurers, including Medicare and Medicaid cover the cost of virtual health care* *
It's best to check with your insurance provider regarding coverage for telemedicine services.
Accessing Virtual Services
Are You a Patient?
Tell your care provider you are interested in Virtual Health Care services.
Get Virtual Care now
Are You a Provider?
If you are interested in partnering with CHI Health to provide specialty care to your patients, email us.
Are You a CHI Health Employee?
Phone Number: (402) 343-4337
- Mandi Constantine, PhD
Div. Director Virtual Services