Summer Student Nurse Intern Program
To provide an elective nursing course for the nursing student who is in or entering their senior year of their nursing program. This course will expand his/her theoretical knowledge and clinical skills in the work setting under the preceptorship of a registered nurse. This program will also expose the student to opportunities for future employment with CHI Health.
New This Year!
For more than three decades, CHI Health Behavioral Care has led the region in providing specialized psychiatric and chemical dependency services. Our programs and services are specially tailored to provide effective, individualized care. This year, several seats will be reserved for students with a specific desire to work with our exceptional team of mental health professionals. All applicants will be considered for the position, however, prior experience or clinical rotation in mental health is preferred.
- Date: June 1, 2015 through August 8, 2015
- Location: CHI Health nursing units
- The ten (10) week program will include a one week orientation followed by nine (9) weeks of clinical experience.
- To enhance the clinical experience, the interns will receive one-credit hour which includes 4 classroom sessions led by expert clinicians and educators.
- Each Summer Student Intern will have the opportunity to participate in a “Patient Experience” and follow a nursing professional in another area.
- CHI Health will cover 50% of the cost of the one-credit class tuition with the remaining amount being the responsibility of the Summer Student Intern. College of Saint Mary will bill the student for their portion of the cost.
- As an employee of CHI Health, interns will be paid a competitive salary.
- Student entering or in their senior year Fall 2015 (BSN students preferred and/or commitment to complete BSN in 1-3 years post-hire)
- Cumulative GPA equal to or greater than 3.0.
- Current BLS card (copy must be provided).
- Two letters of recommendation from nursing school faculty
- Able to coordinate work schedule with assigned preceptor
Apply online at http://www.chihealth.com/jobs starting Tuesday Jan 6, 2015. If an interview is scheduled, bring the following documents to the interview:
- Official school transcript – sealed
- BLS (copy): Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR, PRO, must say “Professional Level-with AED”, and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Two faculty recommendations-secured in sealed envelope