One Call Transfer Center
The One Call Transfer Center enables rapid and efficient transfer of emergent patients to the metro-area CHI Health hospitals:
|Bergan Mercy Medical Center
Immanuel Medical Center
Mercy Hospital / Council Bluffs
This service is available to hospitals and physicians 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A trained transfer coordinator will:
- Connect the referrer with the appropriate physician for acceptance
- Arrange a physician-to-physician consultation
- Coordinate nursing unit and bed arrangements
- Facilitate nurse-to-nurse communication for effective hand-off
- Arrange patient ground or air transport, if requested
- Notify the Emergency Department of incoming squad or helicopter
- Address all other transfer needs
- Keep the referrer informed at every step of the process to ensure efficient continuity of care
Calls are recorded to ensure the process is working appropriately and quickly identify opportunities for improvement.
Please have the following information ready:
- Patient's name, birthdate and condition
- Referring physician's name
- Hospital from which the patient is being referred
- Requested physician, group or service
- Call-back number
The Transfer Center coordinator will facilitate a consult between you and requested physician to discuss your patient's condition.