Treatment for Digestive Disorders & Conditions
Treatment Options for Gastrointestinal Disorders
In addition to offering a full range of gastrointestinal diagnostic services, the digestive health specialists of CHI Health see referred patients with a variety of gastrointestinal problems—from diarrhea, constipation and heartburn, to more complex concerns such as difficulty swallowing, inflammatory bowel disease and liver problems.
Working closely with you and your primary care physician, our board-certified gastroenterologists will create a personalized plan tailored to your specific symptoms and needs. Whenever possible, we opt for a non-invasive approach to care, from dietary and lifestyle changes, to medications and nutritional therapy. These techniques can often bring immediate relief from debilitating disorders.
If you’re dealing with severe symptoms, sometimes surgery is the best option. Using advanced tools and technology, our board-certified surgeons are highly experienced in a variety of gastrointestinal procedures, including minimally invasive techniques.
Just some of our specialties include:
- Ablation for Barrett's esophagus: Radiofrequency energy (radio waves) is delivered via a catheter to the esophagus to remove diseased tissue while minimizing injury to healthy esophagus tissue.
- Endoluminal stenting: Plays an important role in the management of both benign and malignant obstructions of the digestive tract.
- Endoscopic mucosal resection: Used to diagnose and remove large areas of early cancers arising in the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): A procedure that combines upper gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy and x rays to treat problems of the bile and pancreatic ducts.
- Single and double balloon enteroscopy: A procedure in which a long endoscope is inserted into the small intestine for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes for a variety of diseases.
Take Charge of Your Digestive Health Today
CHI Health proudly offers inpatient and outpatient care at convenient digestive health locations throughout Omaha and the surrounding Nebraska and southwest Iowa communities we love to serve.
For more information about our comprehensive treatment options, or to request an appointment with a specialist, fill out our quick form or call 402-449-4692. You can also find a skilled gastroenterologist anytime online.