| ARUP Consult
ARUP Consult - Mobile
Our knowledgeable and courteous customer service staff is committed to providing the highest quality service to our customers. They can address any questions or concerns that you may have regarding clinical and anatomic pathology testing.
Phone: 402-717-5227 Fax: 402-717-5252
We offer 1, 2, and 4-hour courier service. Please call our customer service department and indicate the priority of the pick-up.
We are proud of our laboratory, our technical capabilities, and the people who work together to provide the highest quality laboratory services to our community. We welcome the opportunity to show our laboratory to current and prospective customers and their staff members. Please call to arrange a visit with us.
Connectivity Solutions for the Physician Office
CHI Health Reference Laboratory offers 2 options for connectivity:
- Use of our web-based application, Webconnect® to view results and place orders
- A direct-interface to your electronic medical record (EMR) for both orders and results.
A. Webconnect Solution:
- Our web-based application that installs on your office PC
- Patient demographic and insurance information can be imported from your practice management system to simplify order entry.
- Laboratory-ready labels that print in your office. They include all the necessary information to collect the specimen.
- Laboratory Requisition available for documentation
- Medical Necessity Checking option ABN (Advanced Beneficiary Notice) form included.
- Import patient information and demographic information to quickly order tests
- Labels print with proper patient identification and all the necessary information to collect the specimen
- Laboratory requisition prints with all the necessary information and can be sent to the lab with the specimen.
Webconnect Results Queue
- Quickly review new laboratory results for all patients
- Abnormal and critical results highlighted
- Flexibility with result management
Direct Interface to Physician Office EMR
- We will work with your electronic medical record (EMR) vendor to establish a results and orders interface to our laboratory information system
- View real-time results and transmit laboratory orders right from your EMR
- Laboratory requisition and specimen labels are possible, depending on your EMR system.
Reference Lab Billing (Clinic Outpatient): 402-717-5227 (option #2)
Open weekdays 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Central Time
Pathology Professional Billing: 1-800-320-0935
Open weekdays 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- We directly bill all beneficiaries of federally funded programs (Medicare/Medicaid/Tricare)
- Client and third party billing are offered upon written contract.
- Patients must verify their insurance coverage to ensure that CHI Health is a network provider prior to using our laboratories.
- Midwest Pathology Specialists submits pathology professional services on a UB 1500 insurance claim form to the patient’s insurance carrier.
- Pathologists may submit a bill for oversight of clinical services.
Hospital Inpatient and Outpatient Billing: 402-717-7878
Client Billing - Billing lab charges to the physician office
- Invoices are generated the first of each month.
- Invoices indicate date of service, patient, name, referring physician, test(s) performed, CPT code and test price.
- Please inform us of errors, notification of transfers or re-billing within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Payment terms are net 30 days.
Third Party - Billing lab charges to private insurance
- The laboratory will bill all Medicare and Medicaid insurance.
- At client request we will bill any third party commercial insurers.
- Attach to the requisition, a (front and back) copy of the patient’s insurance card, a demographic sheet, medical necessity form, diagnosis codes and/or the narrative.
- We will contact the client to obtain any missing information.
Medicare Coverage - Billing lab charges to CMS
- Only tests that are medically necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of the patient should be ordered, along with the diagnosis that supports testing.
- Medicare does not pay for screening tests, except for certain specifically-approved procedures and may not pay for non-FDA approved tests or those tests considered experimental.
- Please inform the patient if there is a reason to believe that Medicare will not pay for a test. The patient should sign an ABN (Advanced Beneficiary Notice) , at this time to indicate that they will be responsible for the cost of the test if Medicare denies payment.
- The ordering physician must provide an ICD-9 diagnosis code or narrative description. If the physician does not, the laboratory will contact the physician for the ICD-9 information.
- Organ or disease-oriented panels should be billed to Medicare only when every component is medically necessary.