CHI Health Mercy Corning
For Our Blue Cross/Blue Shield Patients
We would like to remind our patients who are Blue Cross Blue Shield members and Iowa residents that CHI Health hospitals and CHI Health Alegent Creighton Clinic providers in Iowa are not affected by the current out of network status of CHI Health. Wellmark members are affected if they seek care at a Nebraska facility. If you have additional questions, please call 1-888-245-4442.
Welcome to CHI Health Mercy - Corning. Our mission has been to nurture and enhance the quality of life for residents of Adams and Taylor counties. It is our ongoing commitment to keep you and your family in good health. We are proud to offer a community of services for a lifetime of care.
Whether it's providing emergency care to a child who has broken her leg, detecting a disease early enough to save a patient's life, or restoring a senior citizen's mobility and independence after an injury or fall, CHI Health Mercy - Corning provides comprehensive care in familiar surroundings.
Our physicians and mid-level practitioners work with a full complement of advanced technology to bring quality care to you. Our medical staff offers a wide range of medical specialities, from primary care to oncology.
In fact, no matter what the hour, our hospital and staff provides comprehensive patient care. We offer 24-hour emergency care and ancillary services support. Plus, CHI Health Mercy - Corning continues to expand its services offering new programs to meet our patients needs such as home healthcare, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and wound care.
CHI Health Mercy - Corning continues to make services more convenient and accessible while maintaining level of efficiency that keeps costs as low as possible.
- 22 Acute Inpatient Beds - Acute Inpatient Beds are also certified as Skilled Swing Beds allowed under Critical Access Hospital rules
24-hour emergency care with heliport accommodations
- Diagnostic imaging services: CT scans, general radiology, digital mammography, surgical radiography, ultrasound, MRI, and bone densiometer
- Diagnostic and evaluative laboratory services.
- Cardiovascular services including non-invasive diagnostic studies such as EKG, telemetry monitoring, Holter monitoring, treadmill stress testing, ECHO Cardiogram and stress ECHO Cardiogram
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Electroencephalograms (EEGs)
- Diabetes Education
- Nutrition Counseling
- Physical therapy: orthopedic, burn, occupational health, stroke and sports injuries - (inpatient and outpatient)
- Respiratory Care Services: inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and therapeutic
- Social Services
- Sleep Disorder Studies
- Support Groups: Diabetes, Alzheimer's Disease
- Wellness Center
- Wellness educational programs and instruction for patients, staff and the community
Home Care, Senior and Hospice
- Hospice, including Palliative care, Respite and Bereavement services
- Adult Immunizations
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Senior Health Assessment & Education
- Home Alone Companion
- Home visits: nursing, home care aide and homemaker
- Communicable disease management
Community health and education resources
- Child Immunizations
- Parents as Teachers program
- Early Childhood Resource Library
- Health Education e-Library
Pathway to Excellence® designation
Mercy Hospital has achieved Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The Pathway to Excellence designation identifies the elements of work environments in which nurses can flourish. The designation substantiates the professional satisfaction of nurses at Mercy Hospital and identifies it as one of the best places to work.
The Iowa Hospital Association provides a website, Iowa Hospital Facts, that allows the public to review hospital quality and charge data.