It is our desire to clearly explain the billing procedures at Alegent Health. We’ve worked hard to simplify the confusing world of insurance billing.
Pay Your Bill Online
When will I get my first bill?
- We will send a claim to your insurance company. We will not bill you until the insurance company has received the claim and has made a determination of benefits.
When should I pay my Copay?
Your Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), or Point-of-Service (POS) insurance policy requires you to make a co-payment for each visit to the office. This co-payment amount may be listed on your insurance card. It is your responsibility to make your co-payment at the time of service. This enables us to process your insurance claim more efficiently. It also eliminates the need to bill you, unless, of course, your deductible has not yet been met or your insurance company does not cover the service.
May I see my statement online?
- Payment should be made by mailing the detachable stub from your billing statement to the "Remit to" address. If you choose to use Visa, Mastercard or Discover, space isprovided on the stub for the information. Please make checks payable to Alegent Health.
Yes, View or pay your bill online.
How can I contact the Customer Service Center?
- Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. You may also e-mail at any time.
What if my doctor doesn’t participate with my insurance?
- As a courtesy to you, we will still file a claim to the insurance company. However, we ask that you pay for services promptly after you receive a billing statement.
When is my first payment due?
- Each billing statement shows the minimum payment amount and due date. Payment is expected 21 days after the bill is sent to you. If you cannot make the minimum payment by the due date, please call the Customer Service Center to set up payment arrangements. Should your account balance go unpaid, it could get turned over to a collection agency. At this point, you will not be allowed to make an appointment for non-urgent care until it has been paid in full.
Omaha area: (402) 717-4390
Toll Free: (877) 696-0066
Fax: (402) 717-4280
Contact us online