Sometimes bad injuries happen to good athletes. That’s why CHI Health offers a comprehensive Sports Medicine program. We not only offer a wide range of injury treatments and rehabilitation services, but we also focus on injury prevention as a vital part of any athlete’s regimen. Plus, when you suffer an injury, we’ll get you quickly and safely back in the game. After that, we'll educate you on how to avoid further injuries. With help from CHI Health Sports Medicine, you’ll improve performance and maximize your athletic potential.
The mission of the CHI Health Sports Medicine program is to provide seamless care that prevents injuries, in addition to evaluating, diagnosing and treating athletic injuries.
How We Help
In the spirit of effective prevention and thorough treatment of athletic injuries, CHI Health Sports Medicine uses a comprehensive approach:
- Athletic Trainers On-Staff – Area high schools benefit from access to expert athletic trainers who serve as an active part of school athletic programs. the certified athletic trainer (AtC) is a highly educated and skilled professional specializing in the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries. And we have them placed in schools so they are on-site and available to assist when needed. Our athletic trainers work closely with the physicians, coordinating the care you receive and assisting with quicker access to appointments. Athletes of all ages and skill levels can benefit from an experienced athletic trainer's advice. This not only improves performance, it teaches players how to avoid injury as well.
- School Sports Physicals – Athletic trainers, outpatient rehabilitation therapists and orthopaedists make sure athletes are in shape and ready to win by administering comprehensive sports physicals.
- Post-Game Clinics – Big games happen on Friday nights. So do sports injuries. On Saturday mornings in the Fall, injured players have access to athletic trainers and orthopaedists at convenient clinic locations. the assessment is free, and athletes receive the best care possible by our Sports Medicine experts. Post-injury services include:
- Physical therapy and Rehabilitation (including aquatics)
- Urgent Care
- Pain Management
- Advanced Diagnostic Services
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Sportsmetrics™ – Knee injuries are a major concern for athletes, parents and coaches. that’s why CHI Health Sports Medicine has certified specialists in Sportsmetrics™, the only published, scientifically-proven training program that significantly reduces the risk of serious knee injuries in female athletes. This six-week jump training program incorporates proper stretching, special plyometric exercises and weight training.
Promoting Area-Wide Health
CHI Health Sports Medicine isn’t just for school athletes. We work to provide community support for ever y active body, from little leaguers to weekend warriors. You’ll meet helpful Sports Medicine staff at community events and high schools throughout the area.
The Value of Prevention
As injury prevention educators, athletic trainers offer athletes enhanced care with specialties such as women’s and men’s athletic needs, strength and flexibility training and ACL injury prevention. And when the unfortunate happens, athletic trainers work closely with orthopaedists to coordinate seamless care. CHI Health Sports Medicine can also screen athletes for injury risks through a sports injury test. this test evaluates strength, function, flexibility and body mechanics. From there, you can receive Sportsmetrics™ training that will not only increase muscular power and jump height, but also decrease impact forces at the knee.
Knowledge Plus Experience
The CHI Health Sports Medicine team consists of certified strength and conditioning specialists, outpatient rehabilitation therapists, orthopaedic physicians, primary care physicians and athletic trainers. Our team expertly treats injuries as basic as strains, sprains and heat exposure to more comprehensive injuries like ACL and head injuries.
Post-injury individual rehabilitation is as important as initial treatment. Our outpatient rehabilitation therapists are doctorate-trained and available for appointments when it’s time for rehab. We offer traditional therapy in exercise programs to address muscle weakness or imbalance as well as use ultrasound and electrical muscle stimulation to accelerate healing and decrease pain. Our therapists also use manual techniques to restore movement and decrease pain by using hands-on movements.