Medically Monitored Weight Loss
Diet and Exercise Programs
CHI Health weight loss programs offer customized diet and exercise plans, weekly meetings, individualized coaching and long-term maintenance support. Your diet plan will be personalized with the great-tasting foods you like most and incorporating your own cooking with weight-loss meals, shakes, and bars from Health Management Resources (HMR).
CHI Health employs a first-class multidisciplinary Weight Management team consisting of physicians (medical and surgical), dieticians, health educators, exercise scientists, and mental health therapists. Because obesity has important physical, psychological and social impact, a program that addresses all of these concerns has a greater success than a singularly focused diet program.
It is estimated that 66 percent of American adults are overweight and more than 30 percent are obese. The impact on health is well documented to include conditions such as: hypertension, diabetes, pulmonary disorders, heart disease, some cancers, depression and osteoarthritis. In order to successfully teat obesity, we acknowledged that it is a disease. Therefore, we utilize a variety of weight loss tools in diagnosing the treating the body, mind and spirit of each of our patients.
Clinic-Based Weight Loss
HMR® Clinic Weight-Loss Program is a highly structured diet program for those wishing to lose 30 to 200+ pounds - or whose health requires specific medical monitoring. This plan is also frequently used for bariatric surgery candidates whose surgeon or insurance require a weight loss diet and exercise program prior to surgery.
- Decision–Free Diet: Medically supervised low- or very low- calorie diet promotes rapid and significant weight loss under medical supervision. Ideal for those who need to lose 30 pounds or more, or for those whose health requires medical monitoring. Average weight loss is 50-60 pounds* (A 2007 published study showed many patients lost more than 100 pounds with significant reductions in medical risk factors and medications).
- Healthy Solutions Diet: Moderate diet offered with or without medical supervision. Average weight loss is 35-40 pounds.
- HMR at Home Diet Kits - Convenient kits include HMR weight-loss foods and comprehensive support materials for at-home dieting. Available with or without additional phone support. A recent study showed HMR at Home clients with phone support lost more than 28 pounds.* (HMR data published or presented at medical conferences)
All Clinic Programs Offer:
- Weekly Classes with Individual Coaching: Specific “how-to’s” of weight loss are taught, including easy ways to lower fat and calories, as well as simple strategies to add physical activity and more fruits and vegetables into the daily routine. Participants keep simple records and use their own data to create weekly goals which they share with their health educator. Through this close “coaching relationship,” participants learn to manage their weight within a structure of personal accountability and follow up.
- Maintenance: After the weight-loss phase, participants attend weekly groups where they continue to receive support while practicing simple strategies for successful long-term weight management
Home-Based Weight Loss
Convenient kits include HMR weight-loss foods and comprehensive support materials for at-home dieting. Available with or without additional phone support. A recent study showed HMR at Home clients with phone support lost more than 28 pounds.HMR at Home® is a comprehensive diet plan for those who would like a more independent option.
After the weight-loss phase, participants attend weekly groups where they continue to receive support while practicing simple strategies for successful long-term weight management.
Award Winning Program
CHI Health is recognized by HMR as a Gold Standard Program for our demonstrated performance in helping patients achieve successful long-term weight loss.
Price varies according to length of weight-loss phase and level of medical supervision. Some participants are eligible for insurance coverage.
We have three locations within the CHI Health System:
- CHI Health Immanuel
- CHI Health Lakeside
- CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs
Contact us at 402-572-2333