- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Speech Pathologists
- Public Health Professionals
- Residents, Students
- Other Interested Healthcare Providers
This conference will provide practitioners with up-to-date evidence
-based practices and recent advances that will enhance knowledge, skills,
and performance in the evaluation and treatment of persons with stroke.
Update on Intra-arterial Stroke
Atrial Fibrillation, Treatment Options
and Stroke Prevention
Novel Oral Anticoagulant Use in Stroke
Odd Stroke Risk Factors
Do you really know your EMS service?
An Introduction to EMS care
Stroke Rehabilitation: Is it Time to Expand
the Stroke Recovery Window?
- Recognize improvements in care that result from true telestroke
- Explore intra-arterial interventions in stroke
- ecognize atrial fibrillation as a cause of stroke (anatomy and rhythm)
- Describe treatment options for prevention of embolic stroke
(medications and devices)
- Describe treatment options for atrial fibrillation (rate, rhythm control)
- Discuss the important pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic
differences in the novel oral anticoagulants
- Describe outcomes of relevant clinical trials that were instrumental
in bringing the novel oral anticoagulants to market
- Discuss appropriate therapeutic choices, clinical challenges and
patient education in relation to case scenarios involving novel
- Identify less common and uncommon stroke risk factors
- Discuss the potential capabilities and demographics of EMS
providers and agencies throughout the State of Nebraska.
- Examine therapeutic interventions and technological advances used to enhance stroke recovery.
Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists
Nurses, Physical & Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists,
Public Health and Other Healthcare Professionals
To Register: www.chi-stez.eventbrite.com
Cancellation: Please call 402-219-7563 by Friday, April 3. Refund less $20 if canceling by Friday, April 3.
JOINTLY PROVIDED BY:
CHI Health St. Elizabeth
Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education
For questions, call 402-219-7563 or 402-219-0000.