Ways To Give
There are many ways you can make a gift in support of an CHI Health hospital or program of your choice. Your tax-deductible gift will ensure that CHI Health continues its mission of providing high-quality care for the body, mind and spirit of every person. For more information on the ways to give listed below, do not hesitate to contact us directly.
You may make a secure online gift via credit card. (Doing so opens a new window on our secure server.)
Many employers have matching-gift programs through which your generosity can be multiplied. CHI Health is eligible for many matching-gift programs of corporations, foundations and other organizations.
THROUGH YOUR WILL
Your will is the cornerstone of your estate planning efforts - your most important legal document. Good planning helps you preserve assets so they will be used according to your wishes, provide security for your loved ones and achieve your charitable objectives. Bequests take various forms:
- A specific bequest designates that CHI Health receive a specific piece of property. Example: "I bequeath to The CHI Health Foundation, Omaha, Nebraska, all of my shares in 'XYZ Mutual Fund' to be used for its exempt purposes."
- A general bequest designates that CHI Health receive a specified dollar amount. Example: "I bequeath to The CHI Health Foundation, Omaha, Nebraska, the sum of $100,000 to be used for its exempt purposes."
- A residual bequest designates all or a portion of whatever remains after all debts, taxes, expenses and other bequests have been paid. Example: "I bequeath to The CHI Health Foundation, Omaha, Nebraska, fifty percent (50%) of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate to be used for its exempt purposes."
- A contingent bequest takes effect only if the primary intention cannot be met. This ensures that property will pass to CHI Health rather than unintended beneficiaries – including the government. Example: "If (NAME OF PRIMARY BENEFICIARY) does not survive me, then I bequeath to The CHI Health Foundation, Omaha, Nebraska, all the rest, residue and remainder of my estate to be used for its exempt purposes."
GIFTS THAT PROVIDE INCOME
Would you like to support CHI Health, but worry about having enough income for yourself and your loved ones? Life-income gifts provide mutual benefits to both the giver and receiver. They allow you to enjoy the benefits of an increased return on your investment income while also providing significant resources for the CHI Health hospital or program of your choice. Life-income gifts include Charitable Gift Annuity, Deferred Charitable Gift Annuity or Charitable Remainder Trust. Benefits of life-income gifts include the following:
• A stream of income for life, possibly to more than one beneficiary
• A charitable income-tax deduction in the year you make the gift
• A charitable estate-tax deduction for a portion of the gift
• A gift that will benefit CHI Health now and in the future
GIFTS OF STOCK OR OTHER PROPERTY
Many donors find it convenient and tax-wise to give appreciated securities. Gifts of appreciated securities offer tax advantages including forgiveness of the tax on capital gain and an income tax charitable deduction for the fair market value of the securities. You also can make gifts of property such as real estate, life insurance, or retirement accounts.