Catholic Health Initiatives’ standards of conduct are practical applications of our core values and distinctive cultural attributes. All of us must act in accordance with the following standards of conduct:
1. Exercise good faith and honesty in all dealings and transactions.
2. Create a workplace that fosters community, honors and cares for the dignity, safety and well being of all persons in mind, body and spirit.
3. Maintain a high level of knowledge and skill among all who serve in order to provide high quality care and safety.
4. Observe all laws, regulations and policies that govern what we do.
5. Maintain the integrity and protect the confidentiality of patient, resident, employee and organizational information.
6. Avoid conflicts of interest and/or the appearance of conflicts.
7. Use our resources responsibly.
We all have a personal responsibility to behave ethically and appropriately and to report violations of the standards of conducts. If you need help, use the Catholic Health Initiatives reporting process:
- Speak with your supervisor or another manager.
- Contact your local Corporate Responsibility Officer or Privacy Officer.
- If you want to report a concern anonymously, you have two options:
- Call the Ethics at Work Line phone number: 1-800-261-5607.
- File your report using the Internet at www.ethicspoint.com.
- Click on “File a New Report.”
- Enter “Catholic Health Initiatives” in the “Enter Organization Name” box and submit. You will be directed to Catholic Health Initiatives’ client site.
For more information, see the Catholic Health Initiatives booklet Our Values and Ethics at Work Reference Guide