Sumeet K. Mittal, M.B.B.S.
Director, Esophageal Center, Professor of Surgery
Alegent Creighton Clinic
Sumeet K. Mittal, M.D. interests include benign and malignant disease of the esophagus and stomach as well as minimally invasive surgery, management of Barrett’s esophagus and GERD. Dr. Mittal has performed more than 1,000 primary anti-reflux procedures and 350 redo procedures for patients referred from elsewhere after one or more previous surgeries. Dr. Mittal has special interest in esophageal cancer surgery and has performed over 200 esophageal resections. Dr. Mittal is course director of the Annual Esophageal Conference sponsored by Creighton University School of Medicine. He has more than 75 peer reviewed publications and 100 invited guest lectures at national and international conferences
Esophageal Surgery Minimally Invasive Surgery
Esophageal Surgery Information
Surgeons may further specialize in an additional Board certification from the American Board of Surgery.
- Poor Eating and Overeating Make Holidays Miserable for Many
- 10 Things You Need to Know to Survive Heartburn
- Patient Alarmed to Learn Meds Just “Masked” Her Reflux Disease
- 5 Ways to Avoid Heartburn
- New Screening for Millions of Acid Reflux Sufferers Could Save Lives
- Primary Care Physicians Trained to Detect Cancer
- Doctors sound warning about dangers of chronic heartburn