Scheduling Outpatient Care and Procedures
The CHI Health Medical Access Center (MAC) offers physicians and their staff convenience in scheduling outpatient services, admissions and surgeries. Call the MAC office at 402-717-2222 to schedule any of the following procedures:
- Angiograms, arteriograms and biopsies
- Blood transfusions
- Cardiovascular services
- Diabetic instruction and community diabetic education classes
- Diet instruction
- EEGs, EMGs and nerve conduction tests
- Endoscopy procedures
- Noninvasive vascular lab
- OB outpatient procedures
- Outpatient injections and infusions
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- Radiology/Nuclear medicine
- Sleep lab
The MAC nurse is available to take physician admitting orders to assure treatment is initiated upon the patient’s arrival at the hospital. Prior to the patient’s admission, the MAC nurse assists the nursing staff by completing the initial nursing assessment, a series of questions pertaining to the patient’s health and medical history. The MAC nurse will reassure and answer any questions the patient may have regarding admission and will discuss plans for discharge.
When you call to schedule a procedure, the MAC nurse will request the following information about each patient.
- First and last name
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Preliminary diagnosis/ reason for exam
- Procedure, test or treatment ordered
- Date and time period
- Insurance information, including referral and precertification numbers
Additional information may be requested in some cases.
The MAC department provides the following benefits:
- Convenience in scheduling multiple tests with one phone call to a MAC nurse;
- Coordination of all pre-surgical requirements prior to patient’s arrival;
- Collaboration with the physican office staff to ensure patient’s insurance requirements are met;
- Educational and instructional materials on testing procedures for patient distribution;
- Confirmation calls to the patient to verify the reservation, provide instructions and answer questions;
- Assistance and assessment of specific patient needs;
- Availability to take inpatient physician orders to ensure care begins upon patient’s arrival and
- Information resource to physician and office staff and collaboration with staff nurses within the hospital to ensure that patients are properly scheduled for outpatient testing following their dismissal.
The MAC nurse can arrange pre-admission testing on an outpatient basis to allow your patients shorter hospital stays and eliminate surgical delays. Pre-admission testing is stronly recommended for all surgical patients, especially those being admitted on the day of surgery. MAC nurses will assist with anesthesia protocals to facilitate appropriate testing. This testing can be arranged to accommodate your patient.
For all CHI Health locations in Omaha, except CUMC 402-717-2222
CUMC Scheduling 402-449-5446