Bariatric Surgery Program
Have you found little success in losing weight with a healthy diet and exercise program? If this is you then weight loss surgery might be an option for you!
Weight loss surgery is usually for people who have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above, or those who have a BMI of 35 or above with other conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease or sleep apnea.
Why we are the best at what we do:
- CHI Health's Bariatric Surgery Program consists of board-certified surgeons
- We are a fully Accredited MBSAQIP Bariatric Surgery Program
- Multidisciplinary team
- Medically monitored to ensure safe and effective weight loss
- One point of contact from insurance approvals to pre- and post-surgery appointments to long-term maintenance support
- All surgeries are minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures
- Collaborations with other specialties
- We offer bi-monthly educational seminars for program candidates, monthly post-operative patient support groups, and long-term patient follow-up, with educational and nutritional support
Our monthly support groups provide a secure, warm setting for patients undergoing the process of lifetime diet and lifestyle changes that can improve surgery outcomes and are necessary to achieve enduring weight loss.
Support sessions have been shown to directly increase the chances of short- and long-term patient success following bariatric surgery. Regardless of where a person is in relation to the bariatric surgery process, he or she is welcome to attend the sessions.
Bariatric Surgery Support Groups are available at Immanuel Medical Center, and Mercy Hospital – Council Bluffs. The support group meets monthly with a new topic for education. For more details, please see our schedule.