High School Corner
We want YOU to consider a career in the health care field! There are so many job opportunities which can provide you with a great sense of purpose and a chance to make a real difference. Not all health professionals are nurses, doctors and dentists. In this section we will provide you with monthly updates on a wide variety of health careers with varying skill levels.
Student Pharmacy Technician
What does a Student Pharmacy Technician do?
- Prepare, fill and distribute unit-dose drugs.
- Perform medication exchange at the appropriate times to the designated nursing units.
- Perform clerical functions such as maintaining the prescription file, answering the telephone and triaging calls.
What do I need to be a Student Pharmacy Technician with CHI Health?
- Must be registered in a school of pharmacy (years 1-3).
- Must be registered in Nebraska or Iowa as a Pharmacy Intern.
What does an MA do?
- Assist health care providers with exams, treatments, procedures and testing as directed.
- Notify patients of lab and diagnostic test results under the direct supervision of the health care provider.
What do I need to be a CMA with CHI Health?
- Successful completion of externship requirements as defined by graduating school required.
- Must meet one of the following criteria: CMA (Certified Medical Assistant), RMA (Registered Medical Assistant or MA (Medical Assistant); certification or registration required within 24 months of hire.
- BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire.
- Learn more about the CHI Health Medical Assistant program.
Check it Out!